PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY WHEN USING THIS WEBSITE.
The term 'MDS/RAI ADVISOR' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is MDS/RAI ADVISOR 1450 2nd St #117, Santa Monica, California 90401. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
6. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
Collection of Personal Information
When you visit MDS/RAI ADVISOR via mdsadvisor.org website, no personal information—such as your name, address, email address or telephone number —is collected, unless you provide us with that information voluntarily. By giving us such information, you will need to consent by using it in the manner described in this policy. MDS/RAI ADVISOR will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of MDS/RAI ADVISOR unless (a) expressly authorized by you, (b) necessary to enable MDS/RAI ADVISOR contractors or agents to perform certain functions for us, or (c) required or permitted by law. In all cases, we will disclose the information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will return or destroy your personal information within five days of receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
All security on our Website is treated seriously. Where applicable, we undertake security steps, including use of SSL technology, on our back-end systems that store customer account information and to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures. If you have any further concerns about security, please email our Customer Service team at email@example.com
Wix.com is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, and therefore adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a data privacy regulation to protect all EU citizens’ data. It gives our clients, among other requirements, the right to receive or delete all their personal data. MDS/RAI ADVISOR can submit a request to Wix.com on behalf of our clients to: 1. Get a copy of their data or 2. Permanently delete their data. Clients can submit their GDPR request at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within five days of receipt.
What type of information is collected?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
How is the information collected?
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Why are such personal information collected?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate the Services;
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How does the site store, use, share and disclose the visitors' personal information?
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
How do we communicate with the site visitors?
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
The following links explain how to access cookie settings in various browsers:
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How can your site visitors withdraw their consent?
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at email@example.com or send us mail to: 1450 2nd St #117, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
Questions and your contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us mail to: 1450 2nd St #117, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
All materials and resources found on MDS/RAI ADVISOR website (mdsadvisor.org), used in workshops, consultations and training are protected by copyright laws and cannot be reproduced without permission with some exception:
Legal Notice Regarding MDS 3.0 - Copyright 2011 United States of America and interRAI. This work may be freely used and distributed solely within the United States. Portions of the MDS 3.0 are under separate copyright protections; Pfizer Inc. holds the copyright for the PHQ-9; Confusion Assessment Method. © 1988, 2003, Hospital Elder Life Program. All rights reserved. Adapted from: Inouye SK et al. Ann Intern Med. 1990; 113:941-8. Both Pfizer Inc. and the Hospital Elder Life Program, LLC have granted permission to use these instruments in association with the MDS 3.0.
All materials shall not be used by any entity for the purpose of participating or promoting in any illegal activities, including but not limited to the following: hacking, malicious computer crime, fraud or harrassment.
MDS/RAI ADVISOR will not be held responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever as a result of, or relating to, the use of this website, other websites or resources linked to or accessed through this website. Furthermore, MDS/RAI ADVISOR will not be held responsible for any and all claims, liabilities, losses, business interruption, loss of program or other data, cost and expenses (including lawyers' fees on a solicitor and client basis) resulting from the use of any and all materials found on our website.
Terms of Sale
Authorizing One‐time Online Credit Card Transactions Per Course or Service
By using of this website to pay using credit card for courses offered, you authorize MDS/RAI ADVISOR to charge the debit or credit card and receive the debit or credit card payment processed by Stripe, for the amount on date of transaction. The payment is for MDS 3.0 Training, other MDS-Related Courses or consultation services. You read and understand the policy regarding refunds and cancellations in the Cancellation Policy. You certify that you are an authorized user of the debit or credit card. You certify you will not dispute the payment with your credit card company, so long as the transaction corresponds to the terms indicated in this web form.
A receipt from Stripe will be sent to the email you provided during payment and is the confirmation of payment and class registration. A separate email from MDS/RAI ADVISOR will also be sent to you within 14 days as courtesy notification of class registration.
MDS/RAI ADVISOR does not store any paper documents containing full credit card numbers.
Your billing statement will have the following name(s) listed: MDS RAI ADVISOR. Correspondence can be made in www.mdsadvisor.org or to the business mailing address: MDS/RAI ADVISOR 1450 2nd St #117, Santa Monica, California 90401. Business phone (323) 574-3439 is available during regular business hours Monday through Friday 9am-5pm. A complete description of the services available are posted in the webpages.
Business Check, Money Order or Cashier's Check payment by mail (No personal checks):
1) Attendee or representative of attendee must call or email us before mailing payment: (323)574-3439 or email@example.com You must contact us to ensure seat availability so that a seat will be saved for you and so we can be on alert for your payment in the mail. Please keep in mind: Mailing can cause delays especially if mail is lost.
2) ”Pay to”: MDS/RAI ADVISOR
3) Mail payment with completed registration form to:
1450 2nd St #117
Santa Monica, CA 90401
4) Check your email for confirmation of registration and paid invoice receipt from MDS/RAI ADVISOR.
5) If you do not hear from us 14 days after you have sent the payment, please call us.
Credit Card/Debit Payment sent by mail, email*:
1) E-mail/scan completed registration form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Check your email for a receipt from Stripe and a confirmation of registration from MDS/RAI ADVISOR. Forms received during business hours will be processed same day. Forms received after hours or during the weekend will be processed the following business day. Credit card payments are processed by Stripe. Stripe usually sends the receipt within 24 hours.
*For your privacy, we do not recommend mailing your credit card information but it is an option. Call us instead to get assistance while you register using your device.
It is important that attendees are respectful toward fellow attendees and training staff, and that their behaviors not interfere with nor disrupt class activities. Therefore, attendees are expected to adhere to the following rules when attending our courses:
1) During the sign-in time, attendee must provide a valid picture ID with the name matching the name on the roster of paid attendees. A sign-in sheet must be completed with the attendee's name, title, professional license number, valid email, mailing address, phone number and signature for each day of class.
2) It is the attendee’s responsibility to notify the instructor in advance of a need for accommodation of a disability.
3) Laptop and tablet computers are allowed for (quiet) note taking.
4) Disruptive behaviors are not permitted while course is in session. Be polite and respectful toward others.
5) Turn-off or set to vibrate all phones or alarms.
6) No videotaping allowed.
Anyone not in accordance to the class policy will not be allowed to enter or continue the course as we strive to provide the best possible training accommodations. Refund will not be applicable or may be subject to review.
INDIVIDUALS INVITED TO "SIT-IN ONLY":
Class policy applies to everyone in the training event, even to those who are "sit-in only". Individuals invited to "sit-in only" means just that. No training materials, examination, certificates or contact hours will be provided to you as you are not considered a registered attendee of the class you are sitting-in. We are not responsible for your inability to get in the class. "Sit-in only" may be offered to help a nursing peer in need or as a favor from the goodness of our hearts, is based on seat availability and offering this opportunity is not taken lightly. Please respect the registered attendees who will be prioritized. "Sit-in only" individuals who show any signs of disruption will automatically be blocked and banned without warning.
Course Materials Policy:
LIVE STREAM SESSIONS:
The RAI manual** and other training materials will be mailed. (Digital copies of the training material and extra files an MDS nurse should be aware of will be sent in the mail or via email.) A tracking number will be emailed once available and can be tracked in www.usps.com (or an alternate mailing service available). The packages are mailed starting the 3rd week before the training. If materials are still available, the last day to mail the materials is 5 days before the training event. MDS/RAI Advisor is not responsible for a package replacement if the mailing address provided is incorrect or not valid. In this case, digital copies of the training materials will be emailed to that attendee.
Slides will be emailed as a pdf file during the week of the event and it is up to the attendee to print their own copy the way they want their slides printed.
Training materials will also be available as digital format during the training event.
**To lessen paper waste and keep the course fee as low as possible, the RAI manual print out includes all 6 chapters except the appendices. The digital copy of the RAI manual includes the appendices.
The RAI manual** and other training materials will be distributed during sign-in. Slides will be emailed as a pdf file about a week before the event and it is up to the attendee to bring a device to view the slides or to print their own copy the way they want their slides to print.
- Registrations processed during the week before the event will have pdf file automatically emailed to attendee.
- If using a device, it is your responsibility to download and test the file if you are able to view it using your device (ie, ipad, iphone, laptop) before coming to the training event. We cannot assist you with opening your files during the training. Bring your own charger. Charging ports will be made available in the training room.
**To lessen paper waste and keep the course fee as low as possible, the RAI manual print out includes all 6 chapters except the appendices. The digital copy of the RAI manual includes the appendices.
Cancellation Policy and Refund Policy
Specific details regarding the cancellation and refunds can also be found in the Cancellation Policy and Refund Policy page.
CANCELLATION OF MDS TRAINING AND MDS-RELATED COURSES:
Cancellations must be in writing- email or by postal mail.
2-Day MDS 3.0 Training and 1-Day MDS-Related Courses:
ALL cancellations are subject to an administrative processing cancellation fee:
For the 2-day MDS 3.0 Training, each attendee subject to a $30 administrative processing cancellation fee.
For the 1-day MDS-Related Course (MDS Refresher and PDPM/Medicare/PPS: Advanced Course), each attendee subject to a $20 administrative processing cancellation fee.
Once your notification of cancellation is received, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your notification of cancellation. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your request for a refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 14 days.
For April 2020 through 2021 MDS Training Attendee: Due to the current restrictions by the CDC, WHO & Local Health Agencies, MDS/RAI Advisor will honor cancellations up to midnight before the day of the event. Because we are mailing the materials and will not be able to retrieve them if you cancel, the refund policy has been updated: If you are going to cancel up to the midnight before the day of the event, we will still honor the processing of the refund minus the cost of the manual and other training materials ($145) sent to you with the applicable administrative processing cancellation fee ($30). (Updated 04/06/20, 11/03/20, 02/03/21, 04/27/21, 08/19/21)
Refunds will be processed (with the applicable administrative processing cancellation fee and minus the training materials cost if the following conditions apply:
1) Cancellations (in writing) by midnight prior to the event.
2) Cancellations after midnight prior to the training event and during the training event with proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee provided to MDS/RAI ADVISOR. Proof provided after the training event is not eligible for a refund. Important note: If notification of proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee is provided before the actual training event, attendee has the option of transferring to next training date equivalent to the same type of course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and is transferrable only one time within 6 months.
Refunds not applicable for the following conditions:
1) All cancellations after midnight prior to the event. Attendee will be responsible for full registration fee and forfeits all class materials and seats are no longer transferrable.
2) "No Shows". Attendee will be responsible for full registration fee and forfeits all class materials and seats are no longer transferrable.
3) Proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee provided to MDS/RAI ADVISOR after training event is not eligible for a refund. Attendee will be responsible for full registration fee and forfeits all class materials and seats are no longer transferrable.
Seats are transferrable for the following conditions:
1) Seats are transferrable only if request is made by midnight before the training event- only for same equivalent course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and one time only within 6 months.
2) If notification of proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee is provided before the actual training event, attendee has the option of transferring to next training date equivalent to the same type of course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and is transferrable only one time within 6 months.
3) Another person can substitute your spot in the class if we are notified by email up to the day of event, one time only.
1-hour MDS-Related Refresher Course:
For the 1-hour MDS Brief Updates: A $5.99 refund will be issued for attendee cancellations up to 24 hours before the event.
In an event that MDS/RAI ADVISOR cancels:
In an event that MDS/RAI ADVISOR cancels due to an extreme emergency, full refund of the course will be provided and attendee will be notified by phone and/or email as early as possible. MDS/RAI ADVISOR has the right to refuse service if attendee is disruptive and/or at anytime, if safety issues are of concern. MDS/RAI ADVISOR is not responsible for any charges incurred by attendee.
OTHER TYPES OF CANCELLATIONS:
MDS/RAI ADVISOR MAY CANCEL ATTENDANCE OF ATTENDEE WHEN THE FOLLOWING PAYMENT ISSUE OCCURS:
1) Attendee calls to have a seat saved but PAYMENT BY CHECK IN THE MAIL NOT RECEIVED 7 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE EVENT: Attendee name will be removed from attendance roster until payment is received. MDS/RAI Advisor is not responsible for late or lost mail. Reason: Training venues charges for final head count a week before the event.
2) Problem arises with business check payment.
RETURNED CHECKS/BOUNCED CHECKS POLICY:
Due to the issues regarding payment by personal check, it is MDS/RAI ADVISOR’s policy not to accept personal checks as a form of payment for the courses. Business checks, cashier's check and/or money orders are accepted.
POLICY: To establish an effective method of dealing with returned/bounced checks. (The term "checks" refers to business checks from hereon. If special agreement between attendee and MDS/RAI Advisor regarding a personal check as payment, the term "checks" will also apply to personal checks.)
PURPOSE: To ensure all returned and bounced checks are handled with uniformity.
1. Payment to MDS/RAI ADVISOR is expected to be paid in a responsible and timely manner. However, there may be occasion, when and if received checks (from facility administrator or representative sponsoring attendee(s) for the MDS training/courses) may have returned by the bank for insufficient funds or bounced due to the account being closed.
2. Returned Check Policy: a) All returned checks will incur a minimum of $30.00 in Returned Check Charges. b) Any checks returned for insufficient funds will not be re-deposited. c) A letter will be sent out with a copy of the returned check notice to the sponsoring facility administrator or representative. d) The letter will clearly state the additional $30.00 fee will be added to the original amount owed. The letter will advise the sponsoring facility representative that their name will now be placed on a Bounced Check Checklist and that they will have to now pay for seat by credit card. e) No post-dated checks will be accepted.
3. Disputing a Returned Check: If the bank is at fault, a letter must be submitted as follows: a) The letter must be on original bank letterhead paper. b) The letter must state that the BANK made an error that caused the check to be returned. Upon receipt of a bank letter, we will re-deposit the original check, if the customer so desires, and any related charges will be waived.
4. Due to the above concerns, it is MDS/RAI ADVISOR’s policy not to accept personal checks as a form of payment for the courses offered. Business checks, cashier's checks and/or money orders are accepted.
CANCELLATION OF FACILITY VISITS AND IN-HOUSE FACILITY TRAINING:
Cancellation of facility visits and/or in-house facility training are specified in the contract between MDS/RAI Advisor and Facility and/or Facility Representative.
CANCELLATION OF PHONE-CONSULT APPOINTMENT:
Phone-consult appointment service was removed as of 07/01/2019. For those who have used the service before 07/01/19: Full refund is provided for any cancelled phone-consultation appointment or if dissatisfied with phone consult service provided. Refunds are processed within 3 business days and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 14 days.
LIVE STREAM FORMAT:
MDS/RAI Advisor is not responsible for internet connection issues the attendee may experience due to the attendee's internet provider. If more than 10% loss of information was due to the attendee's internet provider connection problem, a recording of the session may be made viewable for a limited time, if available. Connectivity issues not due to MDS/RAI Advisor's platform are not eligible for a refund.
MDS/RAI Advisor is not responsible for inability of attendee to attend via live stream if the attendee did not follow instructions on emails and on the event page.
However, if it is found that MDS/RAI Advisor's internet provider has caused a disruption during the training causing more than 10% loss of information due to connectivity issue, MDS/RAI Advisor will reschedule or provide a full refund.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION AND REPLACEMENT:
In-Person Events: Certificate of Completion will be awarded if 70% of the examination answers are correct. Less than 70% after the third attempt, Certificate of Completion will not be awarded. The official hard copy of the certificate will be distributed at the end of the 2nd day, after test and evaluation are turned in. Digital copy will be emailed within a week.
Live Stream Events: Certification of Completion will be awarded if 70% of the examination answers are correct and course attendance must show 70% (includes participation in the attendee's online engagement during Q&A or polls sections of the course). A temporary digital copy of the Certificate of Completion will be provided via email after test and evaluation are turned in or completed via Certcentral.com (only until July 2021). The official hard copy of the certificate will be mailed within a week after passing the examination.
For licensed nurses, the Certificate of Completion will have both the name of the RN or LVN matching with the license numbers as posted online by the State Board of Nursing records at the time of training event. Only one Certificate of Completion will be provided (either digitally or paper format) for one Designation or Title will be provided at the end of the 2-day or 1-day course. For example, if an attendee has both RN and LVN licenses, the attendee's license upon registering for the course is for the RN license, then the RN license information will be on the Certificate of Completion and no additional certificates will be printed or digitally made with the LVN license information.
Correction request of information that was provided during registration after the Certificate of Completion has been mailed or printed is a request for replacement. Requests for corrections may take up to 7 days. Requests for replacement of Certificate of Completion can be emailed with attendee name, training date and phone number to email@example.com. Once verified via the "Sign-In Sheet" that requester has attended the training, an invoice will be emailed back for $20 service fee. The invoice has a "Pay Now" button for instant credit card payment. A digital copy of the Certificate of Completion will be emailed to requester (attendee) within 72 hours of receipt of payment. No refunds will be provided due to digital format is sent via email. Note: If original format provided was digital format, the replacement may be a paper format. Only one format is allowed for the replacement.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CONTACT HOURS:
Continuing education contact hours will be awarded to attendees who pass the examination by 11:59pm of the 2nd and final day of the MDS training if record shows at least 13 hours of attendance. Full or partial continuing education contact hours cannot be awarded for attendance of less than 13 hours. If unable to pass the exam after the third attempt, Certificate of Completion cannot be awarded.
CHANGES TO WEBSITE:
MDS/RAI ADVISOR and/or mdsadvisor.org courses are developed to serve as educational programs and references for Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing Facilities. The courses reflect current State and Federal regulations and practices to the best of their knowledge. The guides and courses are meant as informative and cannot be considered absolute and universal. The information in these courses must be considered in accordance to the individual’s organization and state regulations. The MDS/RAI ADVISOR and/or mdsadvisor.org disclaim responsibility for any adverse effects resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the course material, from any undetected errors, and from the user's misunderstanding of the text. The MDS/RAI ADVISOR and/or mdsadvisor.org put forth every effort to ensure that the content, including any policies, recommendations, and sample documents used in these courses are in agreement with current State and Federal regulations, recommendations, and practices at the time of publication.