MDS 3.0 TRAINING
(N/A AT THIS TIME)
JANUARY 21-22, 2021
FEBRUARY 18-19, 2021
APRIL 22-23, 2021
REQUIREMENTS FOR MDS 3.0 TRAINING:
Recommended: At least 1 to 2 months SNF or LTC work experience within the last 2 to 3 years.
Decent sleep the night before the event.
Live Stream Event:
Device with speaker: Desktop, laptop, tablet or, as a back-up, Smartphone.
A link to enter the online event. This link is in an automatic email sent through Demio. (Demio is the online platform we are using for the live stream training for "a hassle-free, no download experience" via common browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc) on devices such as Samsung, Microsoft, Apple and others.)
Bring picture ID to sign-in before class begins.
Optional: It is up to the attendee to bring a device to view the slides or to print their own copy the way they want their slides to print. Slides will be emailed as a pdf file about a week (5-7 days) before the event. Charging ports will be made available so bring your own charger for your device.
THIS MDS COURSE IS FOR BEGINNERS OR THOSE WITH DECADES OF MDS EXPERIENCE WHO NEED TO SHOW PROOF OF FORMAL TRAINING OF CURRENT MDS UPDATES in California and other non-case mix States/States that do not use PDPM for Medicaid payment purposes.
Get trained by a seasoned instructor with more than 18 years MDS Coordinator experience! For the best MDS class with the most thorough, complete MDS updates, sign-up for this MDS 3.0 Training presented by MDS/RAI Advisor.
1) Actual hardcopy of most recent version CMS RAI User's Manual (No need to purchase separately & no need to print your own!)**
2) MDS course training materials**
3) Certificate of Completion with 13 CE contact hours for California LVNs, not just for RNs.
No other MDS Training in California is providing these.
**Due to the ever changing health guidelines & community restrictions, course materials may not be produced by our local vendors on time. Manuals and other training materials will be mailed approximately 3 weeks before the live stream event (at the latest, 5 business days before the live stream event, if materials are still available). Digital formats of all course materials will be also be provided during the live stream.
ATTN LVNs/RNs: MDS/RAI Advisor is the only live, 2-day MDS training available to the public in California that provides CE contact hours to LVNs, as well as to RNs.
MDS/RAI Advisor is a provider approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, Provider Number V10855 and California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP Number 16627 for 13 contact hours. LVN/RN must attend 2 full days of MDS 3.0 Training to avail. (To verify the course approval with the appropriate Board of Nursing, click on links.)
Day 1: This Introduction to the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0/Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) was developed specifically for individuals with little to no experience with the MDS and will show how the MDS 3.0 stimulates high-quality care and positively impacts survey outcomes when used as a tool involving the Interdisciplinary Team to improve care. Focus of training will be on MDS 3.0 different MDS assessments, item-by-item coding, timing and scheduling.
Day 2: MDS 3.0 not only impacts high-quality of care but also drives reimbursement. Day 2 will continue item-by-item coding instructions, Care Area Assessment (CAA), care planning decisions, PDPM Prospective Payment System, calculating Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and other MDS items for PDPM, completing PPS assessments throughout the 100 days of Medicare A coverage, roles of the Interdisciplinary Team in PPS and MDS coding affecting MDS-related reports such as Quality Measures and Five-Star Rating System.
Upon completion of the course, the attendee will be able to:
1. Describe the role of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) completion relative to Medicaid-OBRA, Medicare-PPS regulations to provide and monitor quality of care.
2. State the primary goal of the IMPACT Act.
3. Identify the three basic components of the RAI.
4. State the purpose of the Resident Interview process.
5. State the three criteria that determine a significant change in status.
6. Identify documentation requirements for appropriate MDS coding relative to the ARD according to the latest RAI version.
1. Identify the documentation that should be in the Care Area Assessment (CAA) summary for effective care planning decision.
2. Discuss the relationship between the MDS, Care Area Triggers (CATs), CAAs, and the care plan according to the latest RAI version.
3. Describe the role of the RAI relative to the Prospective Payment System (PPS).
4. Identify what is considered Medicare A skilled coverage as defined by the major components of the PDPM.
5. Calculate the ADLs associated with PDPM components.
6. Describe how signs and symptoms of depression can affect plan of care and reimbursement.
7. Describe the relationship between MDS Assessment accuracy and regulatory
compliance and the Quality Measures.
LIVE STREAM SESSIONS:
Manuals and other training materials will be mailed. (Digital copies of the training material and extra files an MDS nurse should be aware of will be sent in the mail.) A tracking number will be emailed once available and can be tracked in www.usps.com. The packages are mailed starting the 3rd week before the training. If materials are still available, the last day to mail the materials is 5 business days before the training event.
Slides will be emailed as a pdf file during the week of the event and it is up to the attendee to print their own copy the way they want their slides printed.
Training materials will also be available as digital format during the training event.
IN-PERSON SESSIONS (N/A at this time):
Manuals and other training materials will be distributed during sign-in. Slides will be emailed as a pdf file about a week before the event and it is up to the attendee to bring a device to view the slides or to print their own copy the way they want their slides to print.
- Registrations processed during the week before the event will have pdf file automatically emailed to attendee.
- If using a device, it is your responsibility to download and test the file if you are able to view it using your device (ie, ipad, iphone, laptop) before coming to the training event. We cannot assist you with opening your files during the training. Bring your own charger. Charging ports will be made available in the training room.
JANUARY 21-22, 2021 (Thu/Fri)
FEBRUARY 18-19, 2021 (Thu/Fri)
APRIL 22-23, 2021 (Thu/Fri)
PACIFIC STANDARD TIME
(7:30am - "Room" Opens for Morning Session SIGN-IN, for Audio/Video Check, Set-Up. Tip: The link to the event can work on multiple devices simultaneously so use this time to set up your tablet or a smartphone as a back up.)
8:00am - Class starts promptly.
8am-12pm - Morning session.
12pm -1pm - Lunch break.
(12:30pm - "Room" Re-Opens for Afternoon Session to SETTLE BACK in class.)
1pm-5pm - Afternoon session.
5pm - Class ends.
MDS 3.0 TRAINING LIVE STREAM WEBCAST INSTRUCTIONS:
- Do not drive to our office or former training location. Live stream events are online events.
- Find your quiet area with minimal distraction and with internet connection. (Note: Other people using the same internet account to play video games or watch youtube can slow down your connection.)
- Use any device with a screen to view the presentation, with a speaker to hear the instructor and with an internet connection to join live stream. If you have all three, you can be part of the training wherever you are located! Be mindful of the device you are using: If you use a smartphone, you many need to swipe left or right to see the slides in one window, the instructor in another window and the chatroom in another window. Smartphones can be used as back-up because it may have better wifi reception. (Nowadays, we rarely get our calls 'dropped' due to poor phone line connections, right?)
- Open your device and make sure it is fully charged or plugged-in.
- Use the unique event access link provided by Demio to get in the "room". By the day of the event, attendees should have gotten the link repeatedly mentioned in the reminder emails more than 5 times. Please do not call for the link on the day of the training as there will be further delay accessing that information and providing it to you.
- Click on link to get in the "room".
- Count down should be showing.
- Room will open 7:30am (PST) for the morning sessions and 12:30pm (PST) for the afternoon sessions.
- Having audio issues or problem with slides not 'moving'? Try these steps before calling the office:
1. Refresh the page.
2. Log out or close window and log back in.
3. Check your device volume setting.
4. Check if your device does not have speakers. If so, plug-in headphones or portable speakers.
5. Re-try above steps.
6. Stay calm and call 323-574-3439 after the above steps have been unsuccessful.
MDS/RAI Advisor is not responsible for internet connection issues the attendee may experience due to issues caused by the attendee's internet provider. Connectivity issues not due to MDS/RAI Advisor's platform are not eligible for a refund. (Example, if during the Audio/Visual check at 7:30am went well for you and then an hour later, the event can actively be seen and heard by attendees with no problems but you can no longer see or hear the presentation, then your internet provider or device has issues.) Do not panic! Take note of the topic or slide number. If more than 10% loss of information was due to the attendee's internet provider connection problem, the topic will be reviewed at the end of the training or the attendee may be invited to the next session, if available. MDS/RAI Advisor is not responsible for internet connection issues the attendee may experience due to the attendee's own internet provider.
However, if it is found that MDS/RAI Advisor's internet provider has caused a disruption (because it is obvious that no one can hear or see the presentation) during the training causing more than 10% loss of information due to connectivity issue, MDS/RAI Advisor will reschedule or provide a full refund.
MDS 3.0 TRAINING IN-PERSON TRAINING LOCATION: (N/A DURING COVID PHE)
We will not be able to assist you with directions during the in-person training days if you become lost. In-person training address listed above are links which lead to maps. Additionally, the map in the Map For Next Course page has also been provided to further assist you.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
In-Person Events: (N/A at this time) Certificate of Completion will be awarded if 70% of the examination answers are correct. Less than 70% after the third attempt, Certificate of Completion will not be awarded. Hard copy of the certificate will be distributed at the end of the 2nd day, after test and evaluation are turned in. Digital copy will be emailed within a week.
Live Stream Events: Certification of Completion will be awarded if 70% of the examination answers are correct and course participation must show 70% in the attendee's online engagement during Q&A or polls sections of the course. A digital copy will be provided via email after test and evaluation are turned in. Hard copy of the certificate will be mailed within a week.
REGISTRATION BY MAIL/EMAIL:
CALL OR EMAIL TO CHECK SEAT AVAILABILITY FIRST
POSTAL MAIL: An available option but not highly recommended especially for late registration. Delay in delivery may not guarantee a seat due to risk of mail being lost. Click here for instructions. Requires manual registration form (click here to print out). Registration by mail is a slower process so please do so ASAP if this is your preference. CalVET & VAs: Call for pre-arrangements such as reserving seats.
LATE REGISTRATION (Waived due to the Covid PHE):
Registration processed less than 10 calendar days before the event is considered late registration. Please call for availability especially if late registration is by mail. Registrations received and processed less than 10 business days before the event are not eligible for refunds. If seats are not available, a waiting list will be started. If there is any cancellation, those on waiting list may take the available spot. Waiting list is first come, first serve.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES:*
*For April 2020 through March 2021 MDS Training Attendee: Due to the current health and community restrictions by the CDC, WHO & Local Health Agencies, MDS/RAI Advisor will honor cancellations less than 10 calendars prior to the event and any late registrants who need to cancel. Refunds will be processed, with the applicable administrative processing cancellation fee. Does not apply to "no shows". (Updated 03/18/20, 06/16/20, 07/15/20, 11/03/20)
*For April 2020 through March 2021 MDS Training Attendee: Because we will be mailing you the materials and will not be able to retrieve them if you cancel, the refund policy has been updated: If you are going to cancel up to the day of the event, we will still honor the processing of the refund minus the cost of printing the manual and other training materials ($145) sent to you with the applicable administrative processing cancellation fee ($30). (Updated 04/06/20, 11/03/20)
Cancellations must be in writing- email or by postal mail.
ALL cancellations are subject to an administrative processing cancellation fee.
For the 2-day MDS 3.0 Training, each attendee subject to a $30 administrative processing cancellation fee.
Once your notification of cancellation is received, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your notification of cancellation. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your request for a refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 14 days.
Refunds will be processed, with the applicable administrative processing cancellation fee, if the following conditions apply:
1) Cancellations received 10 calendar days before the training event, each attendee subject to a $30 administrative processing cancellation fee.
2) Cancellations received less than 10 calendar days before the training event with proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee provided to MDS/RAI ADVISOR. Proof provided after the training event is not eligible for a refund. Important note: If notification of proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee is provided before the actual training event, attendee has the option of transferring to next training date equivalent to the same type of course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and is transferrable only one time within 6 months.
Refunds not applicable for the following conditions:*
1) All cancellations less than 10 calendar days prior to the event and "no shows" will be responsible for full registration fee and forfeits all class materials and seats are no longer transferrable.
2) Late registrations are payments received less than 10 calendar days prior to the event. Late registrations are not eligible for refunds, unless with proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee provided to MDS/RAI ADVISOR.
3) Proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee provided to MDS/RAI ADVISOR after training event is not eligible for a refund.
Seats are transferrable for the following conditions:
1) Seats are transferrable only if request is made 10 calendar days before the training event only for same equivalent course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and one time only within 6 months.
2) If notification of proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee is provided before the actual training event, attendee has the option of transferring to next training date equivalent to the same type of course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and is transferrable only one time within 6 months.
3) Another person can substitute your spot in the class if we are notified by email up to the day of event, one time only.
In an event that MDS/RAI ADVISOR cancels:
In an event that MDS/RAI ADVISOR cancels due to an extreme emergency, full refund of the course will be provided and attendee will be notified by phone and/or email as early as possible. MDS/RAI ADVISOR has the right to refuse service if attendee is disruptive and/or at anytime, if safety issues are of concern. MDS/RAI ADVISOR is not responsible for any charges incurred by attendee.
Other types of cancellations such as bounced checks, please read Cancellation and Refund Policies page.
Lost your Certificate of Completion or need a replacement?
Request for replacement certificate can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with attendee's name, training date and phone number. Once verified via the "Sign-In Sheet" that you have attended the training, an invoice will be emailed back to you for $20 service fee. The invoice has a "Pay Now" button for instant credit card payment. A digital copy of the Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you within 72 hours of receipt of payment. Only digital copies can be provided. No refunds will be provided due to digital format is being sent via email. Requests for corrections or change in information that are errors in the information provided by the attendee after Certificate has been mailed or printed is a request for replacement. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
MDS classes, MDS courses and/or MDS seminars vary in location and are held in either special events conference rooms or at our office work space conference rooms; thus, start time may be different depending on location. Live Stream is an added format starting April 2020.
We are closely monitoring the CDC, WHO & other local governmental health agencies for latest developments, following their guidance and reinforcing their recommendations on appropriate health and safety measures regarding covid-19.