Instructor: Mary Jane Kochoa, RN, DNS-CT, RAC-CT
- More than 18 years extensive MDS Coordinator experience in different Long Term Care Nursing Homes or Skilled Nursing Facility arenas: Transitional Care Unit, Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Centers & facilities that are now under nomenclature as "Post Acute" facilities.
- Not the typical MDS Instructor, she uses first-hand, real-time MDS issues and scenarios (not just from the RAI Manual), is not retired and still answers call lights.
- Graduated with honors: LA County-USC Medical Center School of Nursing, more-than-100-year-old nursing school who taught her more than just to "lock and load" her nursing skills the County-General-Hospital way. Recipient of multiple awards such as the American Red Cross Meritorious Action and Health Services Advisory Group of California Go-for-the-Gold Achiever.
- Recent educational background: 2019 ICD 10 Coding for PDPM, 2019 CMS Training in Missouri, 2018 CMS Training in Maryland. 2016 CMS Training in Illinois. 2015 Teaching Adult Learners. 2015 AANAC's Nurse Executive Certification (C-NE Credential changed by AANAC to DNS-CT: Director of Nursing Services- Certified).
- Previous attendee testimonial: "I have to say I have been doing MDS off and on since it was all hand written. I was initially self taught as these types of training sessions were not available to me. I have had to navigate through many years of changes and it was such a joy to attend one of these classes. She is spectacular. The greatest resource I have ever experienced and I recommend anyone, new to the MDS or Experienced to take these updated classes. Simply reading about the changes to come is not enough. You need someone to put it all into perspective tying it all together. She is the one that can accomplish this. Thanks, Hope to see you soon for the new changes." (From Dee, March 15, 2019)
- Courses are designed for different types of adult learners. Courses are aimed to live up to one simple thing: "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" by Albert Einstein.
Special thank you from our instructor to her crew, previous consultants who have taught her along the way and her current team of consultants who are along for a great adventure: Kai Grecia, Sam and Janet, Mireya Chow, Suzy Kassem, Carol D., Monette D., Intira Paredes, & Cindy Pavelka.
MDS Advisor Team:
Kai Grecia, LVN- Seasoned MDS Nurse Strategist for real-life scenarios from the MDS trenches
Mireya Chow, CNA- Decades-Accomplished Nursing Assistant for the geriatric demographic
Mary Esquivel, RN- LA County Department of Health ICU Veteran for the pediatric demographic
We would not be able to function without our team of experts above. Thank you for your excellence!