MDS 3.0 REFRESHER COURSE:
OCT 2019 MDS UPDATES
PDPM & other changes in the RAI manual will be covered in this course
(5 contact hours)
OCTOBER 25, 2019
For the best MDS updates and the most thorough, complete MDS updates, sign-up for the MDS Refresher Course presented by MDS/RAI Advisor.
Includes: Manual (or portions), training materials, CA RN/LVN contact hours, lunch. Slides will be emailed as a pdf file a week before the event and it is up to the attendee to bring a device to view the slides or print their own copy the way they want their slides to print. Charging ports will be made available so bring your own charger for your device.
An advanced MDS course: Attendee must have some MDS experience.
PDPM and PDPM-related changes are not the only changes in the RAI manual. Final added changes will be released by CMS effective October 01, 2019. This course will cover the final RAI manual effective October 01, 2019 and not the preliminary RAI manual released in May 2019.
Consider the 2-day, full MDS training if you are not aware of the MDS manual changes during the past year.
Updates in the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0/Resident Assessment Interview (RAI) manual are continually developed by CMS to stimulate high-quality care in Long Term Care Facilities and impacts survey outcomes. The latest revisions of the MDS assessment sections coded by Nursing and other Interdisciplinary Team members will be discussed: RAI changes effective 2019, any new Quality Measures associated with the new MDS items & PPS change to PDPM for 2019 will also be provided. This is not a full, item-by-item MDS 3.0 Training of the RAI Manual. Please click here if you prefer the full training. Length of this 1-day MDS-related course varies throughout the year depending on the updates and revisions when the course is scheduled.
The purpose of the MDS 3.0 Refresher course is to increase and to update the clinician's knowledge of clinical assessment, proper care planning, accurate completion of the MDS by providing the latest updates and revised regulations by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services surrounding the RAI/MDS process.
Target audience for this training: Skilled Nursing Facility & Long Term Care staff with previous MDS experience- Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Nurse Assessment Coordinators, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Social Workers, Dietitians, Administrators, Health Information Professionals and all members of the Interdisciplinary Team involved in assessment and care planning. (For private, group training in your facility, please contact us for special rates.)
MDS REFRESHER COURSE CONTENT:
This MDS Refresher Course includes, but not limited to, the final MDS changes in the RAI manual effective October 01, 2019.
Certificate of Completion with 5 continuing education contact hours for LVNs & RNs are distributed at end of course. Attention licensed nurses: Eval, test and class attendance are required to attain 5 continuing education contact hours. Provider approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, Provider Number V10855 and by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP Number 16627 for 5 contact hours.
Upon completion of the course, the attendee will be able to:
1. Identify the clarifications of the MDS items in the final revision of the Long-Term Care Facility Resident Assessment Instrument User’s Manual version 1.17.1 effective October 01, 2019.
2. Identify the new Minimum Data Set items in the final revision of the Long-Term Care Facility Resident Assessment Instrument User’s Resident Assessment Instrument Manual version 1.17.1 effective October 01, 2019 associated with the SNF QRP.
3. List the PDPM Components.
4. State the MDS Sections used to calculate the PDPM Components.
MDS 3.0 REFRESHER COURSE: BURBANK
SIGN-IN: 8:30am (Class materials distributed)
CLASS STARTS/ENDS: 9am/4pm
LUNCH: 12pm-1pm (included)
Pickwick Gardens Conference Center (Orchid Room)
1001 Riverside Drive
Burbank, CA 91506
PLACES TO STAY - Holiday Inn Downtown Burbank (2.4 miles/9 mins), Hotel Amarano (2.5 miles/9mins), Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Burbank (2.4 miles/8 mins). Courtyard Marriott LA/Burbank Airport (4 miles/11 mins). Extended Stay America Burbank (3.8 miles/9mins)
MDS/RAI Advisor has a relationship with Extended Stay America Burbank (near Burbank airport): For 10% discount click here and use discount code EAMD5.
Pickwick Gardens has a relationship with Courtyard Marriott LA/Burbank Airport so discount can apply there. You must call Courtyard Marriott LA/Burbank Airport contact person: Becca Hunnicutt (818) 288-9005 and mention you are attending a training at the Pickwick Gardens Conference Center,
REGISTRATION ONLINE STARTING: 07/24/219
REGISTRATION BY MAIL:
Click here for instructions. An available option but not highly recommended. Delay in delivery may not guarantee a seat due to risk of mail being lost. Requires paper format (click here to print out). Registration by mail is a slower process so please do so ASAP if this is your preference.
Registration processed less than 10 calendar days before the event is considered late registration. Please call for availability especially if late registration is by mail. Registrations received and processed less than 10 business days before the event are not eligible for refunds. If seats are not available, a waiting list will be started. If there is any cancellation, those on waiting list may take the available spot. Waiting list is first come, first serve.
►CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES:
Cancellations must be in writing- email or by postal mail.
ALL cancellations are subject to an administrative processing cancellation fee.
For the 1-day MDS-Related Course (MDS Refresher and PDPM/Medicare/PPS: Advanced Course), each attendee subject to a $20 administrative processing cancellation fee.
Once your notification of cancellation is received, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your notification of cancellation. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your request for a refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 14 days.
Refunds will be processed, with the applicable administrative processing cancellation fee, if the following conditions apply:
1) Cancellations received 10 calendar days before the training event, each attendee subject to a $20 administrative processing cancellation fee.
2) Cancellations received less than 10 calendar days before the training event with proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee provided to MDS/RAI ADVISOR. Proof provided after the training event is not eligible for a refund. Important note: If notification of proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee is provided before the actual training event, attendee has the option of transferring to next training date equivalent to the same type of course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and is transferrable only one time within 6 months.
Refunds not applicable for the following conditions:
1) All cancellations less than 10 calendar days prior to the event and "no shows" will be responsible for full registration fee and forfeits all class materials and seats are no longer transferrable.
2) Late registrations are payments received less than 10 calendar days prior to the event. Late registrations are not eligible for refunds, unless with proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee provided to MDS/RAI ADVISOR.
3) Proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee provided to MDS/RAI ADVISOR after training event is not eligible for a refund.
Seats are transferable for the following conditions:
1) Seats are transferable only if request is made 10 calendar days before the training event only for same equivalent course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and one time only within 6 months,
2) If notification of proof of survey or proof of emergency/hospitalization of attendee is provided before the actual training event, attendee has the option of transferring to next training date equivalent to the same type of course, depending on seat availability, if the course is available and is transferable only one time within 6 months.
3) Another person can substitute your spot in the class if we are notified by email up to the day of event, one time only.
In an event that MDS/RAI ADVISOR cancels:
In an event that MDS/RAI ADVISOR cancels due to an extreme emergency, full refund of the course will be provided and attendee will be notified by phone and/or email as early as possible. MDS/RAI ADVISOR has the right to refuse service if attendee is disruptive and/or at anytime, if safety issues are of concern. MDS/RAI ADVISOR is not responsible for any charges incurred by attendee.
Other types of cancellations (i.e., bounced checks), please read Cancellation and Refund Policies page for MDS Training and other MDS-Related Courses.
Lost your Certificate of Completion?
Request for replacement certificate can be emailed to email@example.com with attendee's name, training date and phone number. Once verified via the "Sign-In Sheet" that you have attended the training, an invoice will be emailed back to you for $20 service fee. The invoice has a "Pay Now" button for instant credit card payment. A digital copy of the Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you within 72 hours of receipt of payment. Only digital copies can be provided. No refunds will be provided due to digital format is sent via email. Requests for corrections or change in information that are errors provided by the attendee after Certificate has been printed is a request for replacement. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
MDS classes, MDS courses and/or MDS seminars vary in location and are held in either special events conference rooms or at our office work space conference rooms; thus, start time may be different depending on location.